Helping to protect landowners right for the extraction of Natural Gas.

Helping to protect landowners' rights for the extraction of Natural Gas.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Messaga from Senator Tom Libous

A Message from Tom Libous
August 4, 2010

I've got bad news.

Senator Sampson brought up S.8129 early this morning to block natural gas drilling until at least May 15, 2011.

Despite my very strong opposition and NO vote, it passed by a 48 to 9 margin.

We need action, not more delay, from the State.

But too many Senators wanted to please environmental activists.

Too few Senators had faith in DEC.

I won't give up.

I'll do whatever I can, if and when S.8129 passes the Assembly, to convince Governor Paterson to veto it.

It's the best hope today for better times tomorrow in our region.

I'll be back in touch when I know more. Please check out my site, www.safedrillingnow.com, for updates too.

Take care,



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment