Helping to protect landowners right for the extraction of Natural Gas.

Helping to protect landowners' rights for the extraction of Natural Gas.

Monday, February 22, 2010

SOME LOCAL GOSSIP--ON TOPIC--TAKEN FROM ANOTHER FORUM




Here's what I heard this weekend
« on: Today at 09:43:41 am »
Quote
I was making a quick trip to the store and ran into my state assemblyman. We had a brief chat and he asked how business was and I mentioned that it was pretty slow and that I was hoping for gas leasing to be opened up. He told me that he had met with Commissioner Grannis last week and he told him that they are working overtime at DEC to get the GEIS out the door. The commissioner commented that 70% of the comments they had received were non scientific and were immidiately tossed, but some of the 30% had some valid issues they were addressing. They are planning a late spring release of the GEIS and issuing permits in early summer!He also said there are currently 58 permit applications in the pipeline, but most of those will have to be resubmitted to comply with the updated regs.So it's your guess what Late spring and Early summer means, but I left feeling fairly encouraged!Me

No comments:

Post a Comment